Please let us know of any additional conferences to be announced here.
2012 AGU Fall Meeting
3-December – 7 December
Natural hazards caused by storm surges, earthquakes, and tsunamis have exposed a large risk to modern societies in recent years. In order to mitigate these hazards, advanced simulation and computational techniques need to be employed for data analysis, early warning and planning purposes. G2S3 2012 will introduce students to cutting-edge simulation techniques for rapid assessment and accurate process studies of geoscientific problems involving a large range of relevant scales.
The summer school will be composed of three main mini-courses:
* Tsunami and Storm-Surge Simulations
* Numerical Methods for Wave Propagation
* Supercomputing in the Geosciences: From Multi- to Many-core Platforms
Application deadline: February 1, 2012 For more details on the course and on how to apply: http://www.mac.tum.de/g2s3 Contact email: email@example.com
• Union Symposium on Natural Hazards, co-sponsored by AGU:
U-02 “Grand Challenges in Natural Hazards Research and Risk Analysis”
• 13,276 abstracts scheduled to be presented
• 1,733 abstracts in 60 scientific sessions on Natural Hazards
Choose from over 20 NH sessions.
26 sessions on natural hazards at the Meeting of the Americas, 8-13 August 2010, Foz do Iguassu, Brazil.